Thursday, August 2, 2012

Me and Tim Conway

I was visiting with a friend of mine a couple of days ago and she asked me about my blog. She said she used to check it daily, but hadn't for a really long time. I must say, I haven't thought about it for a really long time, so I creep back here and peek back into a time that seems like a forever ago.

Me today, 1 year and some change after the whole life-changing diagnosis/surgery, how am I? Well, I am still getting an infusion of Avastin every three weeks and will until No(more)vember. And I must be honest, I actually feel like a very old woman. Joint pain...and I mean a LOT of it. It's mostly in my feet, thumb joints and my collar bones. Yeah...weird stuff. They tell me this will pass. I sure hope so. I was giving one of my kids the "thumbs up" as she did a new trick at her birthday/pool party on Sunday and I realized that my thumb couldn't or wouldn't point up to the sky. I have a 45 degree angle at best. And Lord help me, if I have to sit for any period of time and have to get up and go somewhere. I shuffle like Tim Conway. I look at this time as a glimpse into my future. I would guess this is where my aches and pains will settle themselves as I age. If they do go away this winter (yes, I am skeptical) I will greet my new vim and vigor with a greater appreciation. I took my energy and physicality for granted. I know that now. Now that it isn't there anymore. But it doesn't stop me. It can't. I'm a tough ole' broad.

I'm not sure how much I'll rattle around in this blog in the future, but as long as I do, I will always find the can in cancer.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, lady -- since you're shuffling anyway, let's get some tap shoes on those feet!

    Much love always!!

    ReplyDelete